Friday, February 28, 2014

Bedrock Bar & Grill


One of my best meals in 2013 
(Yes I am 3 months behind on my postings, I am almost at 2014!)

We popped in randomly on a Friday night, no special occasion just a craving for steak and left thinking it was one of our best dinner decisions ever.

Dinner started off with bread, flat bread with butter and a baked garlic. Bread was served warm (always a good sign). Spread some of that butter and that sweet, melted garlic. Mmmm Had to make sure the bread was far away from me as possible to stop myself from over-eating.



Bedrock Pepper steak ($79). Soooooo good, extremely flavourful and juicy without those irritating chewy thick pieces of fats. Some steaks can be too thick or too thin but this, this was just right. Perfect. I mean check out that mid-section!


The porterhouse ($89) was not bad but do go for that pepper steak.



 Ahh the sides. The famous bedrock mac n cheese ($18) lived up to its name. I am not typically a fan of this dish but this was just all kinds of umami, savoury heaven. Perfectly creamy and cheesy without being cloying so. The truffle mash ($15) that perfumed our entire table tasted as good as it smelt. Never underestimate the power of that perfect side dish and both ticks all boxes.

We had just about the perfect dinner. Service was great, our waiter was attentive, polite and humorous. Good wine and best of all, we made use of the entertainer app which means the mains were 1 for 1!  Btw, servings are pretty large so do share.

I hereby declare Bedrock one of my favourite places to go for Steak in Singapore. Right up there with Skirt I suppose.
I can't wait to go back.




96 Somerset Road
#01-05 Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard
Singapore 238163
6238-0054




No comments:

Post a Comment